Happy 2018! We wish you a Happy New Year from Hearing Aid Counselors to all of you. Being more health conscious is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions every year. However, did you know that you can be more hearing health conscious? In fact, there are ways to be more hearing health conscious, we will list them for you in today’s blog post.
- Stop using cotton swabs in your ears. You shouldn’t put anything in your ear canal that can damage your fragile ears.
- Keep your ears dry. Wetness can lead to bacteria or infections so make sure to gently towel dry your ears after bathing or swimming.
- Stay stress free. The pressure that builds up when you are stressed or have anxiety can actually damage your inner ear and cause tinnitus or other ear problems.
- Exercise to stay healthy. Staying active, of course, helps you to be health conscious but it can also help you to be more hearing health conscious. Exercise helps prevent cardiovascular disease and diabetes among other health ailments, but these in particular can negatively affect your hearing.
- Eat right. A well balanced diet rich in vitamins and Omega-3 can help prevent hearing problems in your future.
- Don’t smoke. In addition to the other health problems smoking can cause, it can have adverse affects on your hearing health.
- Take medications as directed. Talk to your doctor about prescription and over-the-counter medications and let him or her know that you are concerned about protecting your hearing and ask for alternatives that won’t cause any negative side effects.
- Don’t listen to loud music on your phone. Most newer smartphones have a warning set up to let you know when the volume is too high. If your phone doesn’t have this, then just be sure to keep the volume low especially when using earphones.
- Use earplugs or protective headphones to protect your hearing from loud noises. Sometimes loud noises or environments cannot be avoided so always bring protection to prevent damage to your ears.
- Get regular checkups with your hearing professional.
Consult with the Professionals at Hearing Aid Counselors
It is interesting to learn that you can protect your hearing with our tips and ways to be more hearing health conscious. You can incorporate our tips into your New Year’s resolutions and goals for a healthy 2018. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient hearing center locations. At Hearing Aid Counselors, we have a team of experienced hearing care professionals that can answer all your questions and work with you to find the best solution for your hearing and listening needs.